What Can IngensityTM IP do for you?
IP Fitness Assessments and IP Strategy Planning
IP Fitness Assessments
- What does you IP portfolio look like?
- Does it protect your current products and products in development?
- Does it cover variations of your products? competitors products?
- Does your portfolio cover the countries where you are marketing and manufacturing?
- What are you protecting?
- Are you in early stages of product development – do you have a plan to protect the fruits of your efforts?
- Have you considered protecting methods of making and/or using your products?
- Have you protected individual features of your product as well as combinations of features?
- Are there some features better protected as trade secrets?
- Who own the IP?
- Does Company control the necessary IP rights?
- What are the ramifications of shared or in-licensed rights?
- What are your competitors doing and how does their IP impact your business plans?
IP Fitness Planning
Assess the surrounding IP landscape
- Who holds patent rights in the relevant technology and product areas?
- How likely is it that 3rd party applications will issue?
- How strong and deep are 3rd party IP rights and how does this compare with your company’s IP position?
Strengthen your IP position
- Strategies for new and current IP filings
- Assessment of acquisition and licensing targets
- Design-arounds and other mitigation strategies for 3rd party IP risks
Align IP strategy with business goals and timelines
- Marketing and other public disclosures
Communicate your IP strategy
- Presentation-ready IP strategy slides with visual “dashboards” of landscape and timelines
- Key talking points for IP strategy tailored to product/service, technology and market
How Strong and Deep
is Your Portfolio?
Market exclusivity and longevity
- What is the lifespan of the IP covering your products and pipeline candidates?
- How does this timeline align with any required regulatory review?
- “Pressure testing”: Have you assessed the potential risk of challenge to key strategic patents?
- Do you have a plan to strengthen and deepen your IP protection for key products and strategic features?
Issues concerning strategic patent rights distribution
- Inventor assignments
- Collaborations and joint ownership
- Licensing terms
- Intracompany IP migration
Landscape and Competitor Analyses
- Market risk assessment
- 3rd party patent review – breadth
- Prior art impact on 3rd party patent strength
- Market landscape & opportunity planning
- Competitor analyses
- Patent landscape mapping for target product development areas
- Portfolio Landscape and differentiation
- Breadth and depth of patent estate for competitor protection
- Pre-litigation risk assessment
- Analysis of overlap between products and patent coverage
- Assessment of enforceability and potential remedies